Our Oncology service is a chemotherapy day unit with 13 treatment chairs.
The Oncology Unit is situated on the 3rd floor of Magdalen House, and is accessed via Entrance No. 1, 169 Seventeen Mile Rocks Road, Oxley, QLD 4075. The Unit provides a wide range of research-based treatments.
Canossa Private Hospital provides a personalised and compassionate Oncology Service to patients with wide range of cancers, and their families. The highly qualified nursing staff are supported by Specialist Oncologists and an on-site Pharmacist with broad experience in cancer treatments.
The staff work as a team providing a comprehensive patient-focused approach to care ensuring that each person’s journey is individualised and supported as fully as possible.
Dr Sam Jones is the treating Oncologist at the hospital.
What to Bring When Coming for Your First Consultation
- Any doctors’ letters, reports, notes, consent forms
- All relevant X-rays and scans
- A list of current medications from your doctor or pharmacist
- A close relative or friend
- Enduring Power of Attorney (if relevant)
- Advance Health Directive (if relevant)
- Health Care and Pharmaceutical Safety Net card
- Health Fund card, DVA card for Veterans
- Medicare card and Pensioner Concession card
- Notepad to bring questions and write notes
What to Bring When Coming for Chemotherapy Treatment
- One close friend or relative for support/company
- Sandwiches are provided for lunch, however you are free to bring your own lunch, snacks and drinks.
Note: We have a kitchenette where you may make hot drinks
- Something to do whilst you are receiving treatment, e.g. a book to read, laptop, DVD player or iPod with headphones, craft work etc.
- Any further questions
- Wear comfortable, warm clothes
Referrals can be made to the unit or directly:
Mob. 0417 784 916
Ph: 07 3717 5577
Fax: 07 3217 0789